Next year will mark the 26th anniversary of the prestigious Spider Awards. As the longest-running digital awards programme in Ireland, we are dedicated to recognising companies and individuals driving digital excellence in every aspect of their ethos.
When the Spider Awards first launched 26 years ago, the internet and websites were the prime focus recognising the early adopters of new technology. Since then, digital transformation has impacted every corner of the modern world and the Spiders aim to award the leaders of this digitalisation.
Our judging committee will be made up of Ireland’s leading web experts, business leaders, luminaries and visionaries, while previous winners have been on the cutting edge of their chosen fields and have since gone on to great success in their respective industries.
Targeting the “who’s who” in the Irish online and digital sector, this is a unique opportunity to capture extensive brand value and ROI.
Why enter the Spiders
HERE ARE SOME REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD ENTER
Whether you’re a finalist or a winner, you’ll receive plenty of promotion throughout the awards process, including social media promotion, email announcements and dedicated PR resources ensuring that the industry hears the good news. We’ll also provide official collateral for you to use across your own platforms and networks.
Entering the awards is a great way to gain an understanding of where you sit in the industry. This is a unique opportunity to have your work scored by our panel of industry leading judges and will give you a clear indication of where you rank among your peers.
What’s a better way to reward your team than with a Spider Award? Provide them the recognition for the hours of work put into campaigns and projects – a perfect opportunity to show appreciation. Not only will they be beaming with pride but they will also be motivated to keep pushing boundaries.
Winning a Spider gives your company an edge when it comes to recruitment. You’ll be a more attractive prospect for top tier talent and having a motivated team is proven to reduce employee turnover.
Winning an award on the night can make a big impact on your bottom line by attracting new business. Everybody wants the best and the proof is in the award. Take the opportunity to mingle and introduce yourself to some potential new clients.
Winning a Spider will reassure your clients that they made the right choice in choosing you. Make it worth their while and bring your client along to the awards dinner and strengthen that personal relationship.
Partnership opportunities available
- All nominations are recorded and entered into the awards process.
- Pre-assessment judging is completed before submission to judges.
- Entries will be assessed against the standard of information provided, overall quality of campaign or project, consideration for the category criteria. Those that fail may be marked down or excluded from the judging.
- From the approved entries submitted, the spiders judging panel reviews each entry and scores them based on the category criteria.
- The entries that score the highest through the scoring process are then reviewed again by the entire judging panel at the judges’ meeting, and a vote is cast to establish a shortlist, and then later, the overall winners.
- Any judge who may have a conflict of interest may not score a category, cast a vote or comment at this meeting.
- This is an independent process and the sponsors, Spider Awards staff or organisers do not select the nominees, shortlist or winners, nor do they influence the judges in any way.
- The shortlist will then be announced.
- Category winners and the Digital Hero recipient winner are announced at the awards ceremony.